We are Proud to Announce:
The Malahat Nation is participating in an exciting new major tourism project on the southern portion of the Malahat Industrial Lands near the Malahat Summit. It will be done in partnership with A.Spire By Nature, a company owned by the two founders of the Sea to Sky Gondola, one of BC’s most successful new natural experience tourism attractions.
Located just 35 minutes from Victoria, it will provide an accessible natural experience for visitors who will be treated to the magnificent view of Finlayson Arm, the Saanich Peninsula and the distant coastal mountains. In addition, it will be an opportunity for Malahat to tell the story of our history.The physical elements will include:
- Parking for cars and buses
- Welcome Centre with Coffee, Washrooms and Retail
- 600m elevated tree walk through the beautiful arbutus forest
- Stunning 40m elevated sightseeing lookout accessed via a spiral ramp
- An opportunity to celebrate and share the Malahat Nation culture and history
- Construction employment opportunity
- Operations employment opportunity
- Scholarships for training in the tourism sector
- Economic participation in the project operation
- Positive impacts for future Malahat Nation development projects
The four consultation meetings that were held with the community over the last months have received lots of positive feedback, and the principals of A.Spire By Nature, David and Trevor, will be available in the coming months to provide the community with frequent progress updates. You can also find further information on the project by going to the website malahatskywalk.com.